Friday, December 4, 2009

Esophogitis Longstanding GERD With A (hopefully) Impending Pregnancy? What Are My Options?

Longstanding GERD with a (hopefully) impending pregnancy? What are my options? - esophogitis

A brief history ... I never had the acidity of a day in my life I was pregnant with my daughter in 2001. I had heartburn and severe morning sickness during my pregnancy. I practically lived and saltine Zantac and miserable (we are still TTC now to do things that have a child, lol).

In my tests 6 weeks after birth until the age of diagnosis of GERD and given Nexium. It worked wonderfully. Over the years my insurance has on several occasions and forms from what I've tried almost every drug changed changed. Now I'm back on Nexium and have in the past 2 years, most working days. If I have to eat what I know, I can not (DO, spaghetti, pizza, etc.), or forget a dose, then I am terribly in pain. If I miss 2 days, plus ... I'm in the emergency room to vomit blood.

My doctor told me once that drugs like Nexium and are not safe during pregnancy. She said I can have up to 300 mg of Zantac and that did not cut me. I have tried, should be amended to Nexium and Zantac, only to discover whether WuAP work, it is not.

What were your experiences with serious illnesses from acid reflux, and pregnant? What was your addition to the drugs, because as I said earlier, I have tried them all. And I wear baggy clothes, the head of my bed is big, etc. etc.

PS I had 2 endoscopy with biopsies of the stomach. I have a small hiatal hernia, gastritis and Helicobacter pylori esophogitis yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment